At our Georgetown dental office, we’re a little extreme about being green. Not only are we one of less than 10 dentists in Texas who are members of the Eco-Dentistry Association, our office one of only four who have achieved GreenDOC Gold Certification for our environmental efforts.
You may look at all of the things we do in our office and think, “Wow, I can’t really do anything to help the environment like THEY do.” But we wanted to assure you that there are TONS of things that you can do at home and at work to help the environment.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Recycling is one of the easiest things that you can do to help save the environment.
- Drop those empty cans and bottles into the recycling bin at work instead of in with your trash. Encourage your coworkers to do the same by working on your jump shot!
- Gather up your newspapers and take them to a recycling drop-off once a month.
- Use cloth napkins at the dinner table instead of paper towels. (Fun tip! Use colorful bandanas instead!)
- Use cloth shopping bags instead of plastic when you go for groceries. (They’re also stronger and won’t hurt your fingers when you carry a ton of bags inside the house.)
Ok, What Else Can You Do?
Once you get in the habit of recycling, add in another good habit to help save the planet. Some suggestions from our Georgetown dental team include:
- Turn off the tap when you’re brushing your teeth! Letting it just sit there and run wastes almost 90 glasses of water per day.
- Switch regular light-bulbs out for energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- Buy a plant! Did you notice that we have green plants at our office? They’re not just for looks….. They help to clean the air and provide a soothing environment.
One Last Thing…
Putting these simple tips into practice will not only help save the environment…. They may also save you money! You may lower your trash bill without all of those recyclables in there, and those light bulbs will save you money on your electric bills.
For more ideas on how to live greener, ask us about it at your next dental appointment. SEE – it IS easy being green!