At Trade Winds Dental, our doctor and team enjoy creating beautiful, healthy smiles. Like many other professions in Georgetown, Texas—whether it be teacher, policeman, banker, postman—dentist Dr. Hennington chooses to serve our community every day. Dr. Hennington was recently asked, “what does your job mean to you—and what makes it so special day after day?”
Dr. Hennington’s response is that he is grateful for the opportunity to serve our community. He receives great satisfaction from the positive impact his profession has on others. “It’s great to see how improving a patient’s smile can motivate them to make positive changes in other areas of their life,” Dr. Hennington said.
Yes, it is, and that’s part of what makes it work, says Dr. Hennington. To find out if you are the right candidate for Invisalign treatment, the first thing we do is to take an impression of your teeth as they are now and digitize it. Using special software, we look at the current positioning of your teeth and compare it to the way your teeth should look.
Next we use special software to map out the exact path your teeth will take from the beginning of your treatment to the end. Based on the results, a set of custom aligners are created just for your teeth. Throughout the course of treatment, you will be required to wear these clear, removable aligners one at a time; each one moving your teeth closer and closer to their final, perfectly aligned position. The best thing about it all? Nobody around you will even know you are wearing braces!
Dr. Hennington is a certified Invisalign provider in Georgetown, Texas. If you have questions about Invisalign, or would like to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment, please give us a call.
With February being National Children’s Dental Health Month, our team at Trade Winds Dental thought we’d share a few good oral hygiene tips with our patients, courtesy of the American Dental Association, or ADA.
• Teeth brushing techniques: It takes only two minutes to properly brush, using short, gentle strokes and devoting extra attention to the gumline, areas around fillings and hard-to-reach areas such as the back teeth.
• Flossing: Hold the floss snugly between thumbs and index finger and place between each of the teeth, making sure to go beneath the gumline and curving the floss around the base of each tooth.
• Snack wisely: Choose healthy snacks such as vegetables, fruits and cheese and avoid sticky, chewy candies that can stick to the teeth. If you eat these snacks, make sure to brush after doing so.
• Carbonated or sugary drinks: These beverages create acids that can damage the teeth when mixed with saliva, so they should be avoided altogether. When drinking one of these beverages, avoid sipping on it throughout the day. Rather, have a drink and then brush your teeth.
• Regular dental visits: You should visit us regularly (approximately every six months).
National Children’s Dental Health Month, now in its 61st year, aims to increase awareness about the importance of kids’ oral health. If you have any questions about keeping your mouth healthy, or about your treatment with Trade Winds Dental, please feel free to give us a call!
As the U.S. economy has been slow to recover, Dr. Hennington and our team at Trade Winds Dental have noticed that many patients are conserving money while often neglecting their oral health. Patients are being mindful of every dollar.
Really, the best way way to save money in the long run is to keep regular maintenance appointments, even if you are not able to do other recommended treatments. By maintaining the health of the mouth, it is less likely that costly breakdown of the teeth and gums will occur. We can also catch problems at your regular checkups while they’re small, easier and less expensive to fix.
In times when money is tight, the best investment is an investment in your health. At our practice, you don’t have to worry about shady bankers, traders, or other characters having control of your money. You are the one in control of what happens to your hard earned money at Trade Winds Dental!